Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

You are a crazy girl!



You are so crazy lately that I can't get a spare second to update your journal. I'm flat out exhausted keeping up with you. I swear you are the only baby who doesn't eat or sleep and doesn't plan on eating or sleeping ever. What's more, you aren't grumpy- you are just crazy! You want to play and be entertained constantly and I can't get a thing done. You should see our toilet! I keep trying to get to it and there you are refusing to nap again. Sheesh! Mom calls you little HM (High Maintanence or Her Majesty). You even have a little Her Majesty wave when you are being held and you hold your right arm up and straight out. So I love you like crazy and wouldn't tarde you for anything, but I can't believe I'm about to say that the first 6 months seem much easier than the last 3.


As of late:


  • I have caught you a few times actually playing. It's so cute. It doesn't last long (as nothing lasts long with you right now) but it is so endearing.

  • You are a master roller! I honestly thought you might never roll because you refused to spend even a second on your tummy but now you roll to get where you want and tummy time is no problem. You can almost maneuver yourself to wherever you want to go but not quite forward. That will require crawling and when you learn to crawl, I'm really going to say goodbye to any free time.

  • You talk and sing. Your talking is just babble, but sometimes I can here you talking to yourself when you wake up in your crib. It is the sweetest sound. You also try to sing when you here singing and we repeat notes to eachother. You are still fascinated by music and today during Conference, you were completely entranced by the choir even though during the rest of it you were CRAZY and totally oblivious to the TV.

  • You like toys but get sick of them after 15 seconds. Maybe not even that long. You are getting to be a pro at chucking them.

  • You REFUSE, and I do mean absolutely, at all costs, REFUSE to eat. You won't take food anyway I try to give it too you with a few exceptions: Puffs and teething buscuits. Those you love. Great- the most unhealthy things! I am pulling my hair out trying to feed you. It is aweful and so difficult and I was to cry a lot. You are giving me a run for my money. Plus- add to it all your inability to digest anything so I've had to start and stop your introduction to food 3 times. It has been and continues to be a nightmirror. You also hate juice and anything that is not your normal bottle. You won't even nurse for more than a few minutes because you get bored of it and want to look around and talk or smile. Needless to say, I'm exhausted.

  • So- because you won't eat and I've had to stop feeding you multiple times because of your (poop) issues- you are not and have never slept through the night. In fact, this week you aren't even sleeping more than 2 hours before you cry. UG! DOUBLE UG! It is getting so hard. I am going on almost 9 months of no sleep and I'm ready for you to learn to sleep. We all keep telling you how lucky you are that you are so cute and happy all of the time because you are making a few other things really difficult. You are so independent and have a strong personality. I figure it's a good thing because the tougher you are, the better in such a tough and unforgiving world. Also, big news- I moved you to your crib- and not a moment too soon. You have totally and completely outgrown your cradle. It was rough going for a few weeks, You slid yourself up and smashed your head against the edge of your crib for a while but now you roll around in your sleep back and forth so much it amazes me that I don't hear you thudding acrossed your mattress. You went from being swaddled so tight and unable to move, to side sleeping, and now you are a full fledged tummy sleeper. That's pretty funny considering you are the girl who wouldn't even spen half a second on your tummy a few weeks ago.

The crazy is worth it. I've started putting you in the shopping cart at the store and I am so proud to show you off to the world. In fact, I still wonder why CNN isn't taping you every move. Last night I had you giggling so hard you fell over into my lap in laughter. I was sure all the news stations would have wanted to film you if only they had known. I've started to get sad at your fast growth. I don't want to miss of forget a second and I'm just not willing to give up your little baby moments before they leave. It really is so fast SO SOO TOO fast to be seeing you grow out of newborn and baby phases. Annie- don't grow up. I can not bare to see you a second bigger. I want to treasure these amazing moments, the moments when you rest your head on my shoulder or peak up at me and smile from my lap, or try to grab my lips. I want to freeze some of them and save them for later when I'd give anything to have them back. You are my favorite person ever. You are my Annie, and I still cannot believe you are mine! I'm going to keep you forever and ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment