Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Happy Annie

I love you more today than ever! Look at how cute you are tonight. I had Q take these with his phone because I wanted to remember forever how completely cuddly and absolutely adorable you are. You sat on my lap and let me cuddle with you for a while. Every so often you would look up to smile at me and then you would go back to your finger sucking.



Happy Thanksgiving. We carted you up to Payson to eat at Anita's. It was fun to show you off and Emma and Kate were completely enamored with you. They must have asked 5 dozen times to hold you. They colored pictures for you and picked out you bow and dress. They entertained you by holding the computer up so they could see their movie from your spider chair. You were such a good baby. They pulled you and grabbed you and put your binky in and out and you smiled all the while. You loved the attention. I must say, you are not only thee cutest baby on the planet, you are the best baby too!

We drove home Thursday night and went shopping with mom, Michelle & co on black Friday. You spent most of the day in your Uppababy and were so content. I bought you way too many outfits at Old Navy (one of which is this stars number above) while you slept in the sling.

THIS WEEK you have been sick for the first time in your life. It is the worst. I can't hardly stand it. You have a runny nose and that's it but still I'm so sad. The cool thing is that you let me suction you for the most part. I show you the little suctioner and you tilt back your head and hold pretrt still for me. You hate having your nose wiped though and I can tell you are pretty sick and tired of the whole business of runny noses. At least it is pretty minor. What kills us all is that you smile through it all. Even in your worst feeling moment full of tears and runniness, you smile big enough to fill the entire room. You are so special and so sweet. Today mom said you were unlike any other baby. You are so observant of people and aware of everyone. You seem mentally mature beyond your age. You are always thinking and analyzing. You react and respond to people and smile on cue. There is something quite different and quite charming about you. I told Quinn, there is no way on earth I would be able to live without you now that I know what life is like with you. We are soul mates reunited and I adore you beyond measure. Everyone who sees you Annie adores you instantly. You remind me much of the little girl in Uncle Tom's Cabin who captures the hearts of everyone who meets her (but the comparison scares me to peices as you will find out why when you read this miraculous book).

DEVELOPMENTS: I am excited because Matthew told me that once babies start reaching for things, their development in exponential. A few days ago you started doing just that and in a matter of a week I can see a huge difference in your motor skills and connection between mind and body. Your little hands are now tools as you attempt to use them to reach for things, put your binki back in, and play with my fingers. I am the luckiest mum in the whole wide world to have a front seat for what is to come. Each day your hands get better and grabbing and holding. You got frustrated for the first time this week that your hands were wrapped up when you slept. There is so much happening so fast. You are even starting to try to sit up on your own. No signs of rolling though. Q and I figured out that you don't know about rolling because we never put you down long enough to let you try. You should also know that you got the first knots in your hair on Thanksgiving. Yep, it's that long at only 4 months. Rad!

Here you are just before getting sick. Little did we know...

...We had to sleep you in your spider chair so you could be tilted up a bit. I am worried that you won't sleep well in you cradle on a flat surface now that we have spoiled you with four nights of spider chair comfort. The worst thing about you being sick was probably when I realized you can't take a bink when you can't breath through your nose! That was aweful for us both.

And one more: This is the first time you leaned your head on my sholder when I held you. It was such an amazing heart warming feeling! I love you Annie, the whole world over!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment