Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

I'm sick, you're cute, please let us get the house!


Annie, you are growing like a weed! I'm not sure I like it, but I will tell you- it is exciting! Your little legs are so chubby tonight! I appreciate this fact very much since I am super sick and your legs are the only thing I dare kiss. I can't believe I haven't gotten you sick! It has been difficult. Imagine me not kissing you for two whole days! It is torture. So far (knock on wood) you appear to be healthy and showing no signs of the flu. I hope my efforts of putting you to bed extra long, placing a humidifier under your cradle while you sleep, and feeding you plenty of extra liquids will give you that extra boost to avoid being sick. If you were sick I would be terribly sad. I have been having everyone else hold you and I swear you feel neglected by me. I tried to tell you it is for your own good but I still know I'm your favorite person and you're a bit hurt that we haven't spent every waking moment together. Let me tell you, I miss you like crazy!

A FEW HAPPENINGS: Yesterday Mom, Meg, and I loaded you up and took you to visit my Grandma Polly. I brought my camera along but was so busy being sick that I didn't snap one picture. Rats! We picked up a quilt Mom won at Peach Days and then I took a huge nap while you played with Meg (thank heavens for Meg). Mom said you watch Grandma Polly with fascination and G.Po swears you recognize her. I was thinking how longs it's been (84 years) since you have been with Grandma Polly and you're probably just trying to soak it all up now that you're back together again. I get the distinct impression that you are coming to me from the arms of many women in heaven who love you, helped prepare you, and support you. I'm sure they told you all about Grandma Polly and you love looking at this fabulous person in reality. You study her face and listen intently to her voice. It is so fun to share you with Grandma Polly and Grandma Polly with you!

Developments: I had Q take these awful pictures (above) with my phone to show that I am starting to hold you on my hip now. It's the best. I have been looking forward so much to 2 things: kicks in pj clad legs and hip holds. The hip hold is progressing nicely. Too bad that you move right at the moment the picture is being taken so none of these are great of either one of us.

Something else I can tell you about yourself is that you love love LOVE to watch people! Your favorite place is in a crowd and you're a big fan of admirers. I may never need to buy you another toy if only I keep you in the midst of a few interesting subjects. Also of note: Your hair looks like the hair of a mad scientist no matter what I do with it. It always ends up CRAZY the minute I sweep you out of the bathroom. It's cute. You're cute. You're terrific! Tonight Q and I talked about how we will just DIE when you scrape your knee of bonk you head so we've decided it must never happen.

NEWS FLASH: Tomorrow Q and I are putting in an offer on a house for you. It's a piece of work... but a BIG peice of work. 5,402 sq feet with a HUMONGOUS yard peice of work. It is exciting. So exciting that I cannot sleep one wink and may never be able to sleep until we know if we get to buy the house. The bad part is that it will be months and MONTHS before we hear anything back so we have to keep house hunting in the mean-time. House hunting is exhausting and scary and unpredictable and so so.... so many unknowns. I'm suprised to hear myself saying that I will be glad when it is finally over and I know exactly what to expect for the next 30 years. I hope we get the house. Oh- I hope we get the house. And now I may never sleep for months and months. Great. Just what I DO NOT need: less sleep.

Love you LOVE YOU the whole world over.

-Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment