Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Happy Half Birthday


Dear Annie,
Today you are 6 months old! It is completely exciting in every way. You are so big and doing such big baby things. Your progress blow my mind- but what really gets me is how suddenly and completely we are attached to one another. I can't get enough of you. Every day I spend as much time as possible kissing your chubby cheeks... and you LOVE it! You let me kiss you as often and as many times as I want. You love to cuddle with me and I love to squeeze you. My arms ache for you when we are apart for long and I am convinced you are the most beautiful, smart, perfect angel baby in the world. No really- you are. Everyone tells me this as well. For your half birthday, Q watched you while I taught school then we took you to Walmart where I bought yet another package of binks. I can't figure out where they go especially since you can't even crawl yet! After a big nap, we gave you your first food (if we don't count the apples we've been letting you suck on). You love the taste of avacodos but did not like swallowing solids (or mush anyway). Still, you did very well and enjoyed the entire experience. You let us know how awesome this new eating thing is with squeals of delight. I think the mess was your favorite part. We are hoping some real food might help you sleep longer periods of time at night. 6 months of 3 hour sleep increments is taking it's toll on your mother dearest! I am ready to sleep longer! So Happy Birthday to my amazing daughter who has made every bit of my life fuller and deeper and better in every way. Whose little hands touching my face warm my heart beyond explanation. Whose laughs and smiles are worth millions and millions of dollars. Whose perfect personality is intriguing and interesting. You are my world. I love you forever and ever. I ask you often if you can stay a cute little baby forever. You love being a baby so much and are completely happy and content all the time. It is an odd thing to be excited for your growth and progress while at the same time be totally sad that you are changing so fast. I don't want to miss it later but I know I will yearn for sweet baby Annie the rest of my life. You are beyond description. -Mum


The latest developments:


More cute dresses from 30 years ago. This was a few days before you became utterly and scarily sick beyond measure!

We now read books to you right before bed time. We think the bath was getting you a little too wound up for sleep so we are hoping this helps calm you down. Actually, I think it was working quite well until you got sick. I was putting you to bed while you were awake even... but now. Oh boy- we are back to square 1 and I am cheating by feeding you to get you to sleep.

You have started to sit up by yourself. We have to keep a close eye on you because you topple over, but you can sit unassisted for a bit. Now that you can sit up, you like this way better than sitting down. Toys are more exciting too. If I put the right toy in front of you, I can get you to stay on your tummy for maybe 4 seconds now instead of you trying to roll over before I even finish setting you down.


You were SO sick. SO SO sick for 10 days. We took you to the doctor and to the hospital. It was the worst ever Annie. So scary. Please don't scare us again. Don't ever be sick again. Your dad was going crazy out of his mind scared for you! He even called grandpa to help him give you a blessing. We have outlawed you getting sick ever again. I must tell you though, even though you were a VERY sick little baby, you didn't cry at all. You smiled through the worst of it.. and the worst was worse than we could bare. Even grandma Cindy had to walk out of the room because she couldn't stand hearing your breathing and wheezing. Oh Annie. We missed you so much while you were sick. We had almost forgotten what you were like it was so bad and so long. Thank heavens you are back!

Lailee is interested in you but you are only interested in her moving feet! Isn't that funny?!?! I though for sure you would like looking at her. Nope- You just keep trying to grab her feet. Silly Annie.

No comments:

Post a Comment