Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Love of my life!


I should probably tell you about the toys in these pictures I just found on my phone. This happened at least a month ago and I had totally forgotten. We were in Costco with Mom when we walked down the Christmas aisle. She saw these hideous Baby Einstein toys in a package and asked if I wanted them for you. I thought they were awful and said we couldn't possibly buy them. That's when she said you could decide for yourself. I smirked and told her to go ahead and show them to you but you were too little to give a hoot about toys, especially ugly ones. Boy was I wrong! The minute you saw them you squealed with delight! And you kept one squealing with delight all through Costco because we but the box of these toys if front of your stroller so you could see them. You fell in love and couldn't take your eyes of the box. In fact, I'll bet people could here your happy shrieks in the produce section from the front of the store! Needless to say, she bought them for you and keeps them at her house. You love these ugly toys still. I took these photos of Mom telling Dad the whole story (and rubbing it in my face just a little)

So here is what I bought with my $50 gift certificate to Ashley furniture for being "The Best Teacher on the Planet." I bought them with you in mind. I thought you might enjoy some fun canisters for our kitchen. We could put candy in them... or grains for sprouting? Something tells me you're going to be much more excited about the candy idea.


Annie, you are the love of my life!

I took this photo of you waking up when Q was away on a business trip. We sent it to him so he wouldn't miss out on your cuteness. You are SO beyond adorable when you wake up. You smile and stretch, and get your legs and feet kicking. I love it! I have started teaching you how to self-sleep this week. It is going fine but still requires a few tears here and there. I have figured out (thanks to Mom) that a bath minutes before bedtime may in fact get you worked up rather than the opposite so we are moving the bath ahead about 45 minutes and it seems to be working so far. Also, we took our first trip without the spider chair and you slept pretty well without it. We are on our way! Still, I must admit I am a bit flabbergasted when I hear the other moms talk about how their babies (who are younger than you might I add) sleep 7 hours straight through the night! You still have to eat eat eat every three hours! I'm tired- but don't mind because if it means I can hold you off on solids for another few weeks, it's worth it. Speaking of solids, boy do you look like you want real food! You watch me eat with a longing that scarce can be rivalled. I gave you a sippy cup two days ago and I thought you were going to shout Hallelujah and praise the Lord! You still don't know quite what to do with it, but you are for sure happy that you're finally getting a taste of something new. I have a feeling you and food are going to get along quite well!

New Developments:

  • ...And before I leave for the night, you should know that you now suck suck suck you right toes every possible chance you get! It make you laugh even. You love your toes!
  • Also, you have an impressing repertoire of new sounds. You have started to whine quite a bit and incorporate a regular squeal into your diction. It's super endearing. Q was quite shocked at all your new sounds. He was only gone two days and when he returned, your voice had started acting like a big baby instead of an infant.
  • You have a definite opinion about what you want and don't want and will let me know. You are getting more and more involved in making decisions.
  • You HATE HATE HATE (officially) your car seat. Ug. If I don't get you to fall asleep in it, you act like I'm torturing you!
  • You are sitting up so well/ Not on your own yet, but it's right around the corner. It is so much easier to hold you now that you are so strong!
  • YOU ROLL OVER! From tummy to back. In fact, you last less than a second on your tummy before you start turning over. You start trying to turn over even before I set you down on your tummy. You can roll both ways but prefer going to your right. You think it's pretty fun and we do too! I'm pretty much convinced you are the most gifted baby in the world!
  • Your hair is getting longer. Tonight when I rocked you to sleep it blew back and forth. I love it.
I love you. I love everything about you. Please love me right back for as long as forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment